St. Boniface Parish was established in 1881 when 50 families were given permission by Bishop James O’Connor of Omaha to build a new church at Monterey, Nebraska. Charles Meister, Sr. and Joseph Krienert, Sr. donated the land for the cemetery. A parish school began in 1887 with 50 students enrolled. A larger school was built in 1915 and continued in operation until 1982. The first two churches were destroyed by fire. The present church was built in 1924 and dedicated in 1925. St. Boniface continues the annual Corpus Christi procession began in 1891. The parish celebrated 125 years on June 25, 2006. The members of St. Boniface are grateful to the founding members for their devotion to the Catholic faith.
Click image below to start slide show.